So, you have finally got the Redmi Note 7 Pro and wanted to unlock the bootloader and install TWRP recovery? Then you’re at the right place.
The Redmi Note 7 and the Note 7 Pro is currently quite popular in countries like India and China due to is price to performance ratio. The Xiaomi (or I should say Redmi) devices comes with their own custom skin i.e. MIUI and some users like it due to its feature rich nature but some users like me hate it due to leggy performance and highly skinned UI.
Basically, I prefer Stock Android experience and if you are like me, then lets quickly move towards and see how to unlock bootloader of Redmi note 7 Pro.
How To Unlock Bootloader Of Redmi Note 7 Pro (Prerequisites)
- Your device should be at least 60% charged.
- You should backup all your data.
Enable OEM Unlocking:
- Now head over to the setting menu-> about phone and tap the miui version several times to unlock the developer’s option.
- Once done go back and click on additional settings and here you will find this developer’s option.
- Click on developer’s option and enable this OEM unlocking option.
Sync Your Device with Mi Cloud:
- Now here comes the important step, go back in the setting menu-> Mi account-> Mi cloud and from here you have to turn on the sync and find device option otherwise you won’t be able to unlock the bootloader. Now this is necessary because it will sync your device to the mi cloud server and will let you unlock the bootloader.
- By Login into Mi could server from your PC you can easily confirm that your device is synced or not.
- From Mi Cloud you also have to remove any other Xiaomi device, to ensure that your Redmi Note 7 Pro is the only device that is synced.
Unlock Bootloader using Mi Unlock Tool:
- Now in the next step you have to download the Mi unlock tool and extract the files. Using this tool, we are going to unlock the bootloader.
- Once downloaded and extracted, open the miflash by run it as administrator.
- Now it will ask you to login into your Mi account. So, make sure to login into the same account that you used in your device.
- Now go back to your device and boot into the Fastboot mode by pressing and holding the “volume down + power button” until you see this Mi logo
- Then connect your device to PC via USB cable and it will show your device status as connected.
Important Note: Xiaomi usually makes you wait 3, 72, or even 360+ hours to unlock the device. But if you follow this method you may be able to unlock the bootloader within 24 hours, as I have personally unlocked many Xiaomi device on the day, I got it using this method.
- Now click on the unlock option and it will show you some warnings just skip it and it will start the unlocking process and within few seconds your device will be unlock.
Now that you have successfully Unlocked the bootloader of Redmi Note 7 Pro. You may also want to installed a custom recovery like TWRP recovery and I have written a separate article on that.
You may also like to read: