In this article I will be showing you a step by step guide on How to Install TWRP Recovery on Redmi Note 7 Pro. I have also written a separate on how to Unlock bootloader.
Now you have to download the TWRP Recovery file and the SDK platform tool from the above links. Visit the SDK platform tool website and download the SDK platform tool according to your OS as it supports windows, mac and linux also.
Enable USB Debugging:
- For that open Settings menu on your device.
- Now go to About phone and tap seven times on Build number, this will enable Developer options.
- Now go back to Settings and you’ll see Developer options there, open it and scroll down until you see USB Debugging option and just enable it, now you are good to go.
Install TWRP recovery: (For Windows)
- First Extract the SDK platform tool zip file.
- Copy the TWRP Recovery .img file in the SDK platform folder and rename it to twrp.img.
- Now open a command window/ PowerShell inside the SDK platform folder. To do that press and hold “Shift + Right click” on any empty space inside the folder and then select Open command window/ PowerShell here from the context menu.
- Connect your device to PC and type the following into the command window. If you get a permission dialogue on your device to “Allow USB debugging”, tap OK.
adb reboot bootloader
- Once your device boots into bootloader/ Fastboot mode, type the following command into command window to flash the TWRP recovery .img file.
fastboot flash recovery twrp.img
- Once TWRP is successfully flashed on your device, issue the following command to reboot:
That’s all. TWRP recovery should be installed on your Redmi Note 7 Pro now. To boot into the freshly installed recovery. Now, you can go ahead and do whatever you want. Flash Custom ROMs, take backups or Root your device, if not yet rooted.
Were you able to successfully unlock the bootloader and install TWRP? or you stuck somewhere between? Don’t worry. Let me know in the comments. I can always help you out.
You may also like to read:
- Best Icon Packs in 2019
- Best Android Launchers Of 2019
- Android Q: New Features
- Best Android Setup 2019 (Neon edition)